The Cubist Collective Whitepaper
Your personal portfolio manager
Cubist Collective is a community-driven portfolio management protocol built on the Solana blockchain. We provide a simple and clean portfolio overview that will not only keep you up to date on existing holdings but also provides AI-driven utilities that will help you discover new potential investments. This wide array of utility includes an AI driven appraisal service, crowdsourced market sentiment, community predictions with rewards for contributors, transaction monitoring, advanced analytics tools, and access to comprehensive data sources.
Community-Driven Portfolio Management
The flow of information from NFT projects via Discord and Twitter is massive. Organizing this information into coherent insights is a daunting challenge, especially when trying to stay ahead of the curve. Most people resort to scrolling through endless twitter feeds and cluttered discord channels for the next piece of valuable “alpha” and end up sacrificing their most valuable asset: their time. We started the Cubist Collective as a way to address these problems within the NFT communities.
Cubist Collective uses game theory to align incentives and leverages the power of the community to work together in monitoring projects.
Cubists can post their insights in our Discord regarding projects they follow and others can reward these posts by reacting with our customized emoji. The system rewards top contributors for posting valuable insights while simultaneously feeding good alpha to the Cubists that validate the insights. We use a combination of machine learning and community curation to automatically identify top-quality posts, which are showcased in a special alpha channels that provides a quick digest of the latest top quality insights from the community.
Community members can choose how they want to engage:
Share to Earn
Are you particularly knowledgeable about a project? Instead of shilling to the void, share your insights with Cubists and get rewards based on the quality of your alpha.
Guess whether popular NFT collections will pump or dump. Accurate predictions win $CUBIST tokens.
Access to the source of the Alpha
Our curated overview gives you the most relevant updates in a single channel. Plus you have direct access to ask our community experts what they think about specific projects
Portfolio Overview App
The current data sources available for monitoring portfolios are extremely spread out. Getting an overview typically requires visiting multiple websites and a lot of manual analysis. By leveraging the Cubist Collective protocol, members will have access to a full suite of management tools that provide both personalized portfolio insights as well as standard data on projects. This enables app users to instantly identify which aspects need attention at any given point in time.
- Crowdsourced market sentiment and community predictions: See which collections the community is bullish/bearish on, both for existing and new mints
- Upcoming events for your portfolio: Keep track of upcoming airdrops, snapshots, token drops, delisting rewards, and more
- Simple and clean portfolio overview: Value development, purchase/sales prices, and today’s top insights on your holdings
- Standard metrics such as floor price, rarity, and intraday volume all in one place
- Transaction monitoring: Get notified when you receive airdrops or when an item sells
- Listing Management: See your listed NFTs from all marketplaces in a single location. Easily find items that are unlikely to sell at the current price
- AI appraisal service: We use machine learning to estimate the value of individual NFTs based on traits, rarity, historic sales, and current market conditions
- Simplified selling: Suggestion of marketplace and price for each NFT in your wallet. Based on transaction data and automated appraisal. Direct link or integration to the marketplace
- Additional advanced analytics tools and data sources: We build the tools that will add the most value to the community. These are based on multiple data sources like on-chain, marketplaces, social
Cubist Contributor Rewards Program
Cubist Collective will have a Community Incentive Fund in order to maintain regular payouts. The fund will be seeded with:
- 20% of the proceeds from the mint,
- Continuously receive 25% of the royalties from secondary markets,
- and a weekly allocation of $CUBIST.
The Rewards Pool
The weekly Rewards Pool is created with funds from the Community Incentive Fund. Verified members can give others a share of the weekly pool by adding a special emoji to posts they consider valuable. Our custom Discord bot keeps track of the emojis and distributes the rewards pool according to the number of emojis received by each member at the end of the week. So if you have alpha or concise thoughts, you will be rewarded!
The Cubist Collective will guarantee that the pool contains at least 5000 USDC per week* for the first six months, in addition to the weekly allocation of $CUBIST.
* USDC 5000 minimum per week is guaranteed for the first 6 months following a sold-out mint. Depending on transaction volume, the amount could be higher. After the first 6 months, the USDC payments will be dependent on royalty income and subject to the community voting on how to use that income. The $CUBIST payments will continue for at least the first four years, but the weekly allocation can be changed through a community vote.
We will set up a simplified prediction market where members can predict whether they expect the floor of different NFT projects to increase or decrease in the near term. For new projects, they can predict whether the floor will rise above mint. Entering the prediction market will be free and winners will be rewarded from the Community Incentive Fund.
Top Lists and Prices
Gamification will be central to our compensation model. Top contributors will receive special roles recognizing their efforts in building our community. We will also host regular competitions where we award additional prizes for top performing members in the prediction market.
The community participation incentives will evolve over time as we grow and learn together. We will build together and the community will have a large impact on our future compensation model.
The different components of Cubist Collective work together to create a “flywheel”, or positive feedback loop. This builds momentum by continuously improving the collective value for all community members:
Members get paid for contributing information that’s valuable to the community. When they contribute quality data, the community members’ portfolios grow in value. This encourages current members to hold their Cubist NFTs, thus reducing selling pressure and raising floor prices.
When floor prices go up, so do the royalties, which increases the size of the rewards pool. This creates stronger incentives for members to find quality insights that benefit the community, and generates more value collectively.
Bringing Fine Art to Solana
We haven’t forgotten about the art. Our NFTs are inspired by Pablo Picasso and the Cubism movement of the early 20th century. We have also been inspired by contemporary artists such as Laurent Folco and, in particular, the Cubism Pop Art style by Thomas C. Fedro.
Cubism often depicts objects from multiple perspectives, which is reflected in our art. It also reflects our vision of a community that sees the big picture more clearly by viewing things from multiple perspectives. We have also tried to pick up on common ways of drawing attributes like noses, mouths, and eyes in the cubist style while combining with prolific NFT traits.
Cubist Sombrero or Cowboy Hat, anyone?
To access our whitelist, users need to contribute to the community: we call this Proof-of-Value. This happens in one of two ways:
- Admins and moderators whitelisting anyone they believe will add value to the community
- Be active on our discord: Existing whitelist members use our Cubist Coin reaction to mark valuable posts in the discord in the same way that our rewards system will work. Users who receive the Cubist Coin from 10 unique members will be whitelisted*
Our aim with this approach is to ensure we get a top-quality community from day 1 by avoiding a large proportion of bots or flippers. This will create a broad holder distribution rather than a select few owning most of the supply.
Since every person added to the whitelist is valuable to the Cubist Collective community, we will create a whitelist as large as users are willing to contribute. Our goal is that everyone willing to contribute will be able to mint.
* The number 10 is an intended starting value. The requirement will change over time, see Discord for the latest information. Whitelist approvals will be manual and subject to a quick review to avoid abuse. In the case of rapid growth where the number of users awaiting whitelist approvals is much larger than the available whitelist spots, we reserve the right to change the whitelist requirements for pending approvals.
Examples of how to provide value:
- Direct valuable contributors to Discord and help them understand our project (Yes, we know it’s a bit on the gigabrain side)
- Share alpha and have fun, but please no shilling
- Help us spread the word: Write and send out good tweets, a Medium article, or anything that is helpful and share it to our Discord
- Be a positive influence to the community and join in the conversation on Discord by being a helpful person
In order for this approach to work, we first need to seed the whitelist with a certain number of users. For this, we will partner with select projects that have awesome communities.
The Cubist Coin
$CUBIST is the protocol’s native token. It is used to reward both contributors and holders of our first-generation NFTs. The first use for $CUBIST will be the ability to mint an Early Supporter Badge, before we even launch the main sale. Only 100 Early Supporter Badges will be available and the holders of those will be airdropped a Cubist Collective NFT. This means you can earn a free mint by contributing to our community and trying out our systems!
At first, the primary use for the Cubist Coin will be to commission new pieces of art in our collection. Over time we will add a subscription service for those not holding Cubist NFTs to gain limited access to insights for projects they have invested into. This subscription will only be available to buy using $CUBIST, connecting the value of our token directly to the value generated by the community. Additional utilities will be added over time.
̶A̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶k̶e̶n̶o̶m̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶b̶r̶e̶a̶k̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶l̶y̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶s̶e̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶e̶p̶a̶r̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶.̶
Click here for our full tokenomics paper
Collection Size and Price
Since we wish to grow our community organically and we are currently seeing very high volatility in Solana prices, we will set collection size, price, and date at a later date when we can accurately gauge the ideal size of our Cubist family. The Cubist Collective will benefit from having a large group of members to monitor projects together. The more active, contributing members, the stronger network effects and more value delivered.
At the same time, we want to keep the community tight and the collection small enough that the floor will not crash post mint or from minor FUD. We also want to be able to grow the community over time by letting our early believers and contributors use $CUBIST to mint new NFTs that give access to the community.
These two goals are at odds with each other in terms of collection size. We need to find the correct balance to maximize value for our members. The way we are planning to do that is by letting our whitelist size in part determine the collection size. We will keep whitelisting members we believe will contribute (see the Whitelist section). When we are ready to mint, the collection size will be determined by a combination of our budget requirements and the whitelist size at that point.
The initial collection size will in all cases be kept small enough that we have room to grow, as well as maintain a high quality level across our membership (we are planning to be significantly below 10k).
We have kept the roadmap short for three reasons
- The crypto space moves at light-speed,
- we expect Cubist Collective to be a learning process for everyone,
- we want the community involved in setting priorities.
Creating a long roadmap will only result in many changes, instead we try to stay agile and build iteratively based on new learnings and community sentiment.